Mechanical Engineer (Entry Level)
Downers Grove, IL
Our client is hiring an entry-level Mechanical Engineer!
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer
- You will have the opportunity to apply your recently completed engineering degree in conjunction with your hands-on mechanical and technical aptitude to help develop prototypes and improve manufacturing processes
- Be instrumental with the prototyping of new products
- Under the leadership and training of the Engineering Manager, be willing to be trained to streamline manufacturing processes to reduce manufacturing costs
- Design new fixtures using AutoCAD and work with equipment suppliers for the procurement of new equipment such as flat belt and slat conveyors to support workcells for the transport of finished goods
Requirements of the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical equivalent is required
- Entry level or up to one year of full-time experience in manufacturing in required
- A hands-on aptitude with the ability to use hand tools on the shop floor if needed is required
- An absolute willingness to learn manufacturing from the ground up
- Excellent benefits and growth potential!
Compensation for the Mechanical Engineer
The targeted annual starting salary for this position ranges from $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 depending on experience.