SnapAV + Control4 is a leading manufacturer and distributer of audio, video, surveillance, power, and wiring equipment for residential and commercial A/V integrators. We believe that life’s better when everything works together. And the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart home experiences to people around the world.
The Mechanical Engineer will report to the Manager of Engineering and will be responsible for delivering world class consumer grade multimedia products from concept to full scale production. The individual will be responsible for spanning industrial design, conceptual prototyping for proof of concept, 3D modeling, drafting and design. The Mechanical Engineer should be a proactive self-starter who has strong problem-solving analytical skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to effectively communicate, present and influence others. Excellent communication, time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player are key to be successful in this position.
- Assist in the concept, feasibility and specification of electromechanical product design
- Create renderings and rapid prototype models of conceptual designs
- Create part and assembly models of all components for a given product
- Simulate full assembly for fit and provide detailed locations to other team members for cross functional design elements
- Simulate and evaluate parts and assemblies for thermal, vibration and structural analysis
- Ensure part and assembly designs meet specification for compliance for safety and project goals
- Interface with other team members to help coordinate design effort for milestone and project completion
- Fully document all design parameters and prepare all material for PLM, tool and part fabrication and assembly
- Maintain full product line for all change requests during the product live
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years’ experience; or 7+ years’ equivalent practicing Mechanical Engineering experience
- Experience with 3D modeling programs
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Experience designing sheet metal enclosures, troubleshooting tooling, and finishing
- Experience with best practice design process and techniques associated with delivering electromechanical products and systems from concept to full-scale production
- Knowledge of techniques and processes needed to qualify products through both safety and regulatory routines
- Experience designing articulating TV mountS, AV equipmenT, and racks and rack mount products
- Experience with the following 3D Modeling Programs:
- SolidWorks Plastics
- Experience with any of the following communication tools:
- Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Arena Solutions PLM Software
- Knowledge of plastic and metal injection mold materials, mold design, mold flow, mold setup and troubleshooting.