Mechanical Systems Analyst, Advanced Motor Technology
Castro Valley, CA
- Analyze and improve electric traction motor and powertrain efficiency.
- System modelling of mechanical, and thermal performance of powertrain components in Matlab/Python.
- Analysis and modelling torque split maps, regenerative braking maps, and other calibration effects on vehicle efficiency
- Come up with experiments and test plan to characterize individual components performance and their efficiency
- Data analysis and scripting to automate data collection of vehicle and powertrain performance
- Support development of high efficiency electric traction motors
- Work with motor dynometer, chassis dynometer
- Evaluate total vehicle efficiency
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of vehicle powertrain.
- A proven track record of technical excellence in mechanical / automotive engineering.
- Proficient in Matlab and Python or other scripting languages
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and design modification.
- Strong experience in scripting simulation workflows with varying availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team.
- Additional fields of experience (electromagnetics, structural statics/dynamics, material science).
- Experience with electric vehicle motor design.
- Experience with optimization methods and software.
- Experience with CANape, CANalyzer
- Experience with Simulink.
- Experience with ANSYS tools.
- Experience with CAD (preferably CATIA).
- BS (preferably MS) in Mechanical/ Electrical / Automotive engineering or related fields
About the Company
Lucid Motors Company Overview
Lucid Motors is a luxury mobility company that is reimagining what a car can be. We are applying innovative engineering, design, and technology to define a new class of vehicle. Lucid is developing products and services for the new world of experiential, on-demand, and sustainable luxury, with the Lucid Air premium sedan as its first platform. Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Lucid team brings deep expertise from the automotive and technology industries.
Join us in defining new mobility experiences in the rapidly changing transportation landscape. Be part of a team determined to produce exceptional products that are advancing the fields of engineering, technology, and design.