St. Marys County Public Schools
St. Mary's County Public Schools has recently adopted a Teacher Candidate Assessment. Once you submit your application, you will receive an email to complete the Teacher Candidate Assessment as part of your application package.
EFFECTIVE: 2022 - 2023 School Year
NATURE OF WORK:
This is a professional position to meet the instructional goals of the school and school system by delivering instructional programs effectively to ensure student achievement.
* Direct and evaluate student learning experiences.
* Provide guidance to students to promote education development and welfare.
* Provide care and protection of school property.
* Supervise student activity on school property.
* Plan and coordinate the instructional program in accordance with the current curricula.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plans instruction that enriches and extends classroom instruction and integrates the Library Media Learning Outcomes
* Plans collaboratively with faculty to ensure the integration of information literacy skills into all curricular areas
* Guides students to develop comprehension skills through exposure to a variety of reading material as well as to comprehend, interpret, analyze and evaluate informational sources and literature
* Teaches SMCPS Network Usage Standards
* Instructs students in the use of productivity, presentation software, audio/video production, and multimedia productions in the context of content area instruction
* Provides instruction and demonstration lessons illustrating the appropriate use of technology, appropriate materials, strategies and techniques for effective use of new technologies in various content areas
* Assists staff as needed in information retrieval, media production, and in the use of electronic resources
* Assists teachers in individualizing instruction in media outcomes for special populations such as ESL, special education, and gifted/talented
* Provides in-service instruction on the use of materials, programs and equipment to faculty and staff: Train staff in the use of computer equipment and implementation procedures to ensure proper maintenance of this equipment
* Provides in-service instruction in the use of library media materials and equipment
* Instructs staff in the use of productivity, presentation software, audio/video production, and multimedia productions in the context of content area instruction
* Continuously updates personal knowledge about new technologies in PDP
* Collaborates with principals, school improvement teams, and instructional supervisors to plan for the appropriate uses of technology for instruction
* Supervises supporting clerical and technical staff assigned to the media center
* Prepares plans for keeping the resources collection and network technology current
* Compiles a collection development policy based on the St. Mary’s County Library Media Program and site-related data
* Provides opportunities for the faculty and students to participate in the selection and evaluation of materials on the Library Media Technology Committee
* Maintains accurate records as required for state, county, and school reports
* Creates a school library media center climate which encourages students and faculty to take full advantage of its resources
* Solicits feedback from all users to assist in program evaluation and the continuous improvement of services
* Provides network assistance for the school-wide network, classroom computers, and computer lab
* Coordinates the overall implementation of use of computer hardware and software in the school
* Serves as primary technology contact
Participate in co-curricular activities.
* Maintain accurate student attendance.
* Assist students with learning activities.
* Take part in professional development activities.
* Cooperate with students and staff.
* Maintain open lines of communications with students, staff and parents.
* Maintain current lesson plans.
* Possess professional certification for the appropriate teaching level.
* Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum, instruction, staff development, and assessment process.
* Possess the ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents, and staff.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-time ten-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this position will be based on EASMC salary schedule (#1) for ten-month employees.