Medical Assistant (MA) – Hospital
** Requires Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or RegisteredMedical Assistant (RMA ) **
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT assignment, expected to last around 5months, or longer!***Medical Assistant Job Summary:
Medical Assistant Background:
- Measures and records vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, and signs and symptoms into the electronic health record
- Communicates patient related information to the licensed health care provider
- Performs electrocardiograms, pulmonary function tests, and other diagnostic testing within the Medical Assisting scope.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens)
- Performs point of care testing
- Prepares and administers medications with provider authorization and adheres to all regulations, guidelines, and policies for appropriate storage, mixing, disposal, inventory and labeling of medications
- Performs routine screening tests
- Assists the provider with exams
- Removes sutures, changes dressings, applies bandages and other first aid procedures
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance
- Disposes of bio-hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA safety standards and hospital policies
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions including ensuring that all equipment in exam room is cleaned according to hospital policies
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Requires current and unrestricted Certified or RegisteredMedical Assistant (C.M.A. orR.M.A. ), or similar MA certification from AAMA or RMA.
- At least 2- 4 years’ direct Medical Assistant experience; at least 1 yearsin a acute care hospital, preferabbly in a high-acuity department, such as ICU/ER/MedSurg/etc.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills (in person and telephonic), as well as very strong computer user skills.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Must have a minimum of 30 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.