Medical Assistant - College of the Holy Cross
The Medical Assistant will perform various administrative and clinical duties to assist Health Services in operating efficiently. The Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare providers to room patients, collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures and assist in basic examinations. The Medical Assistant will assist the Administrative Assistant and Registered Nurse in scheduling patients, answering phone calls, and updating patient medical records.
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment.
- Support the medical providers by performing basic laboratory tests, collecting and preparing laboratory specimens, changing dressings and assisting with basic medical exams.
- Instruct patients on treatment procedures, and education on medication or other health topics on instruction from the medical providers
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Assist the Administrative Assistant in answering phone calls and greeting patients, as well as scheduling appointments.
- Assist the Registered Nurse in maintaining medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed.
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full vaccination by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted. Applicants believing they need an accommodation of this policy because of a disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or otherwise should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information on your application materials.
- Associates degree from a CAAHEP or ABHES accredited program
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants
- 3+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice, ambulatory clinic or college health clinic preferred
- Proficiency in an Electronic Medical Record
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly in dealing with college age students and families
This is a full-time, non-exempt level position
40 hours / 48 weeks
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 200,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits