Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Medical Assistant provides detailed administrative support to the medical team and impeccable customer service support to and introductory interviews with service members. This team member will enjoy a variety of responsibilities in a robust clinical environment.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Welcomes members by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Verifies member information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit.
- Educates members by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Deliver accurate written messages to the medical team.
- Manage lab reports by flagging urgent findings and filing routine findings in the medical record.
- Manage requests for medication refill per policy. Obtain authorizations and submit to pharmacies.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- High School Diploma and Current/Pending certification as a medical assistant or one year of experience as medical assistant.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer services and communication skills.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: medical Assistant; Cerified Medical Assistant