Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to our North Everett Clinic at Providence Medical Group in Everett, WA. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible to all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We offer a %243,000 sign on bonus for external candidates (0.75FTE and above) and a MA Career Pathways Program to develop and promote our Medical Assistants.
MA Career Pathways Program:
Our MA Career Pathway Program is designed to grow, develop and certify our caregivers to improve the patient experience. We know our Medical Assistants are an integral component of our clinic teams in delivering compassionate and affordable health care. This program is designed to expand their knowledge and recognize the abilities with four (4) increasing levels of skill that build your clinical acumen. Our program offers educational platforms with hours of materials, increasing responsibility for learning how a clinic operates and opportunities to explore what being a leader at Providence means.
The MA works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical duties. An MA is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
This is a full time position with benefits (Monday-Friday, 36 hours/week). We have multiple opportunities available, apply today and talk with your recruiter about what may be the best fit for you! For more information email Catalina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, optic, ophthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitioner.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.).
- Provide MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy.