Draws blood in order to perform laboratory tests in toxicology, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology laboratories; recording blood test results.
* Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
* Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
* Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
* Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
* Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
* Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
* Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, and OSHA standards.
*Maintain equipment inventories
*Prepare patients for visit with the doctor, including measuring weights, blood pressure, and obtaining chief complaint.
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Informing Others, FDA Health Regulations, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Infection Control, Training Management, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Thoroughness, friendliness.