30+ days ago
1. High school graduate. Minimum of one year's experience as a medical assistant in a medical practice environment desirable. Certification as a medical assistant desirable.
2. Graduate of accredited secretarial training school preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, word processing equipment, and personal computers.
3. Two years of experience in a busy medical practice setting. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Knowledge of pre-admission and pretesting requirements helpful.
4. Working knowledge of insurance regulations and form completion. Ability to be trained in CPT and ICD9 coding. Knowledge of billing system helpful.
5. Must be certified or willing to be certified in CPR.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and follow directions.
7. Effective telephone manner and ability to communicate with patients, physicians, and other professional staff.
8. Word processing skills required.
9. Experience in Infectious Disease preferred.