Providence is calling a Medical Assistant NC - Retail (Per diem, Day Shift) to Express Care MSO in Irvine, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
We are seeking a Medical Assistant - Retail who will work closely with a team of staff including physicians and advanced level providers to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care. MA duties include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and performing tests under the supervision of a licensed medical provider. The MA is also responsible for front desk, patient registration, insurance billing and payment collection/cashiering in addition to their patient care responsibilities. Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing quality clinical care to patient
- Identify daily operational and clinical issues to ensure clinic’s operational readiness.
- Escalate to management for issue resolution as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, patient, employee and medical center information at all times, secured from general public access.
- Schedule patients’ appointments
- Monitor and manage the appointment schedules daily
- Provide general information to patients including but not limited to financial policies, registration requirements, insurances, etc
- Coordinate referral preparation, approval and distribution
- Organize, stock and maintain an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas
- Oversee that patient waiting areas are clean and well-maintained
- Greet and check-in the patient
- Verify patient’s information and co-pay
- Research patient information within the systems provided
- Collect and verify accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member
- Perform patient intake screening and/or makes arrangements for additional diagnostic testing or referral for appropriate provider and set an appointment.
- Identify urgent or emergent situations and notifies the provider. Provide appropriate care, including patient mobility assistance, based on the various conditions and needs of the broad diversity of patients
- Capture patient information including but not limited to height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and the presenting problem
- Document patient information collected, care given, treatments provided and related charges
- Process all clerical records for clinic patients including cashiering, as well as completion of encounter forms and patient charts
- Assist physicians/providers during examinations and procedures, anticipating needs
- Instruct patients on the collection of samples and other test
- Conduct or assist with diagnostic tests and procedures including but not limited to capturing vitals, drawing blood and obtaining samples
- Under MA certification authorization and by Provider order, administer medications – including oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal medication / inoculations
- Label, transport and store hazardous waste
- Update established patient files as necessary
- Transcribe chart notes in real time from providers
- Direct flow of patients and calls to the appropriate care team.
- Refer the patient to the billing department as needed
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents. Conduct callbacks, when guided
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education
- Facilitate communication between patients, providers, clinic staff, internal and external customers to support patient care
- Active involvement in improvement of work processes.
- Participate in and facilitates change processes
- Complete annual mandatory education review and competency program.
- Attend and actively participate in mandatory clinical/business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and assigned committees
- Perform opening and closing duties for the clinic
- Perform other duties as assigned to your role