Medical Assistant PEDS, Irvine - FT/D (10hr) - (MEM004696)
Position Summary: Assist and support the clinical care team members with the delivery of patient care in accordance to the Medical Assistant scope of practice.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Must have the ability, skill-set, qualifications, education, and licensure that are required for all the responsibilities this position must cover.
- Must excel in communication (written & verbal), customer service and can work independently or as part of a team.
- Must excel in prioritization, organization and multi-tasking while demonstrating attention to detail and follow through.
- Can utilize critical thinking skills to identify issues, problem solve to logical conclusion, demonstrate initiative, and be responsible.
- Assist in the data collection for the assessment of the patient.
- Implement a teaching plan with patient, family and/or caregiver(s) as necessary.
- Demonstrate proficiency of all duties within the Medical Assistant Scope of Practice.
- Implement orders and treatment plan components as directed by Provider.
- Be at work and be on time.
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives.
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Prioritize and multitask.
• Prior clinical experience in ambulatory care environment preferred. Pediatric experience highly preferred.
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Certificate from Accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
• Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider required.
Primary Location: United States-California-Irvine
Job: Medical Assistant
Organization: MemorialCare Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2021, 12:30:10 AM
Work Schedule: 10/40 hour work shifts
Shift: Day Job
Scheduled Shift Start Time: 7:30am (4/10s) - Scheduled Shift End Time: 6:00pm (4/10s)
Department Name: Facility Operations - Irvine