Provides assistance and support to the Director of Campus Administration and Dean in implementing academic program objectives in order to achieve positive outcomes.
Essential Duties/Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures, and operates within state and federal statutes and regulations and within standards of accreditation at all times.
- Helps to develop the curriculum for his or her department.
- Assists in the recruitment, orientation, and training of faculty.
- Provides suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, discipline, or any other change of status for an employee under his or her direct supervision to the Dean.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to specific subject matter areas under his or her administrative guidance.
- Assists in organizing student orientations and graduation ceremonies, and participates in such activities.
- Organizes and leads Program Advisory Committee (PAC) meetings in his or her department.
- Monitors students’ attendance and attrition.
- Controls attrition for his or her department.
- Researches and implements technological changes in his or her field.
- Completes CPR training or the relevant refresher course, if required.
- Supervises, coordinates, and customarily and regularly directs the work of all employees in his or her academic program.
- Provides assistance and support to the Dean in the implementation of academic program objectives and for positive outcomes.
- Teaches courses as required.
- Travels as required.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional and effective working relationships with all other Campus personnel.
- Conducts his or her professional and personal life in a fashion that fosters a positive impression of the Campus and the Company.
- Performs the job on Campus (no telecommuting or off-site management).
Additional requirements include:
- Four (4) years of experience in the related field.
- One (1) year of teaching experience.
- An associate’s degree or higher in medical assisting, nursing, chiropractic sciences, medicine, allied health, medical sciences, or related.
- Must hold a current license/registry which is verifiable within the state of campus location.
- Must have current certification from an accredited certifying agency.