Midwest Gastrointestinal Associates, PC
(MGI) is a private practice medical group providing the highest quality care to our patients and service for our referring physicians across the region. Our board certified gastroenterologists share a passion for gastroenterology and work as a team, providing care in clinics and hospitals across the metropolitan Omaha/Council Bluffs area, as well as many outlying towns in Nebraska and Iowa.
MGI has a team of outstanding administrative staff, nurses, case managers, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who are equally devoted to patient care. Excellent customer service is our goal. It is the expectation that all patients are treated in a respectful, courteous manner with individualized attention at every point of service.
At this time, we are looking to expand our team of professionals for the role of Medical Coder to perform the following:
- Review physician documentation such as: office visits, hospital visits, procedures and assign the appropriate codes (CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS)
- Stay current on individual payer policies/regulations as well as CPT and ICD-10 yearly coding changes
- Document billing charges, insurance information and patient demographics
- Work with billing team on denials such as reviewing coding and records to be sent for appeals
- Take incoming billing questions and maintain a respectful, professional demeanor on all calls with patients
We encourage everyone with the following attributes to apply:
- Certified Professional Coder - Must already have this designation as well as knowledge of third party payers, electronic submittals/remittance and HIPPA compliance.
- Strong communication skills - You deliver clear and concise information to both patients and physicians.
- Dependable nature - Our patients and our team will be able to count on you to be there. We have a high volume of phone requests to meet with our 23 doctors who work at 20 different locations and need to know that you share the same high-quality, high-touch, and patient-care-first mindset.
Medical records, Medical Billing, Coding, Hippa compliance, Insurance claims, Customer Service