Connect with the Recruiter:
Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Provides direct patient care for general surgery clinical patients.
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct patient care for general surgery clinical patients.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Performs general surgery procedures and care.
- Provides preoperative and postoperative care.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program and/or fellowship in General Surgery required
- Less than 2 years experience in general surgery required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in General Surgery upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Analytical Thinking: Solves complex problems using a sequential system.
- Communication Skills: Communicates using persuasion and authority.
- Functional Knowledge: Expertise in his/her discipline and understands these concepts in other disciplines.
- Problem Solving: Asseses circumstances using experience and a variety of information gathered.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently