Due to growth Sparrow Medical Group (SMG), the multispecialty physician group and premier physician organization of Sparrow Health System (SHS), is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, full-time Family or Internal Medicine Physicianto lead its Primary Care Division in Lansing, Michigan. With over thirty primary care practices and 135 primary care providers in several locations, SMG is committed to improving access to medical care and delivering exceptional quality care in diverse and family friendly communities.
- Functions as the lead primary care physician for SMG and is responsible for the leadership, quality of care, financial integrity and physician/provider development within the SMG Primary Care Division
- Develops, mentors and serves as a resource for physician and non-physician leaders of the Primary Care practices
- In collaboration with other SMG specialty divisions, develop and implement programs and processes to promote physician and provider well-being and engagement.
- Oversee clinical quality, risk management, service and compliance of the Primary Care practices
- In collaboration (dyad leadership) with the Directors of Primary Care Operations and other SMG and Sparrow leadership, recruit, select, oversee and develop into a high functioning multidisciplinary team, individuals to manage performance and resources to achieve strategic priorities and high-quality clinical outcomes through the promotion of Lean principles and continuous improvement
- 50 percent administrative responsibilities and 50 percent clinical
- Physician leadership experience within a physician group practice or integrated delivery system
- Minimum of five years of clinical practice experience
- Medical license and board certification in family or internal medicine
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage