Medical Lab Technologist
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
St. Thomas, ON
STEGH Laboratory Services provides 24/7 support. The MLT plays a critical role in the health care system by collecting, processing, analyzing and interpreting diagnostic laboratory findings. This position will provide services in the specialties of Bio-Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Science and Phlebotomy.
STEGH Laboratory Services provides 24/7 support. This position will be required to work all departmental shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. In addition, this candidate must meet the availability requirements of the applicable collective agreement, and accept short notice relief calls.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have successfully completed a program in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Must be registered and a member In good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of one (1) year previous laboratory experience within a Hospital environment
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge of Cerner LIS
- Experience in specimen grossing is an asset
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of quality assurance and good laboratory practice
- Effective and proven analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, that is open to change and proactive to new initiatives
- Highly team and customer focused with the ability to communicate respectfully in a pleasant, flexible and professional manner with all patients, families, staff and volunteers.
- Computer skills to include the regular use of Outlook, Risk Monitor Pro, Internet/Intranet navigation including STEGHnet, basic word processing.
- Ability to adapt to changes in assignment throughout a shift, follow instructions and conduct yourself professionally.
- Ability to work alone
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties.
- Acceptable attendance and performance record is required
Successful candidates must provide evidence of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your first day of work. Any candidate entering the facility to attend an interview will be required to provide evidence of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccination status. To be considered fully immunized, individuals need to have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days earlier than the date they arriving to an interview or to begin work at STEGH.