FAR Government, Inc. (FARGOV) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, woman-owned federal professional services company, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
Medical Laboratory Technician
FAR Government, Inc.
FAR Government, Inc. (FARGOV) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Job Summary: FAR Government, Inc. is looking for hard-working and friendly independent cleaning professionals to support the Northport VA medical center.
Position: Medical Technologist
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Tomah VA Medical Center, Tomah, WI.
Schedule: 8 hours per day Monday to Friday: 6:00 a.m. â€“ 2:30 p.m.
- Degree: Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science
- Experience: Minimum one-year experience within the past 5 years.
- Education: Graduate from a medical technology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- Certification: Current certification/registration as determined by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
- Be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and maintain the certification during the life of the
- Must be computer literate as patient documentation is directly inputted in the patientâ€™s electronic medical record. Proficiency in the use of the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) system and the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) are preferred.
Contractor shall provide the services of up to two certified Medical Technologist at the Tomah VA Medical Center, 500 E. Veterans Street, Tomah, WI. The duties are responsibilities of the Medical Technologist shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Performs a full range of automated and non-automated laboratory procedures in the areas of chemistry, urinalysis, hematology, serology, bacteriology, and immunohematology according to established protocols.
- Evaluates the suitability of the specimen for analysis, requesting new specimen if determined to unusable. Prepares specimens for analysis; ensuring that the physiologic states of the specimen properties are maintained.
- Selects, performs, evaluates and monitors the performance of test procedures using manual and/or instrumental techniques in accordance with established protocols.
- Recognizes and reacts to indicators of malfunction; locates and implements corrections.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintains proper records for quality control reports.
- Calibrates, standardizes, adjusts and maintains instruments on which trained. Verifies correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks and monitoring. Identifies the cause of common problems and makes simple repairs.
- Evaluates the validity of data in relation to the test system and accepted assay procedures; correlates quantitative data with patient data (i.e., history, medications) to verify results.
- Performs additional tests to clarify or confirm abnormal patient results. Recognizes abnormal results that require immediate attention by the physician and reports them directly.
- Responsible for the generation of laboratory results from the work area into the laboratory computer system.
- Edits and verifies results recorded into the computer system.
Powered by JazzHR
About the Company
FAR Government, Inc.
We are among the most innovative, respected and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.