Medical Practice Manager
This position is responsible for the administration for the medical home clinic. The Medical Practice Manager will work with work the Clinical Implementation team to develop, implement, and manage the administrative functions for the clinic. They will oversee the daily operation of the clinic to ensure smooth, successful, and professional delivery of care.
- Responsible for the oversight and operation of the medical clinic, to include key business decisions and day to day operations. Evaluates clinic operations, processes, and procedures to develop efficiencies with office operations, patient retention, and profitability.
- Ensures coordination and collaboration between administrative and clinical teams.
- Works to expand the practice while delivering excellent customer service and ensuring patient satisfaction of care.
- Monitors the flow of patients and works with facility leadership and/or community partners when internal or external barriers to patient care are identified.
- Maintains appropriate regular and emergency staffing of Medical Providers by managing the schedule and approving PTO. Prepares timecard entry for direct reports.
- Ensures clinic staff compliance with mandatory trainings, testing, vaccination, and insurance paneling.
- Maintains medical provider and credentialing personnel files including PA supervisory agreements, licensing information, record of disciplinary action, any other clinically pertinent information for Providers.
- Responsible for appropriate onboarding, offboarding and record keeping for students or residents participating in rotations including completion of mandatory trainings, provision of facility access, and facilitation of EHR training and setup.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.
- 3 years of administrative or leadership experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Mental flexibility and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Comfortable working with Medical Providers including Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Physicians.
- Experience in administrative or leadership experience in an outpatient setting.
- Master’s Degree in Business or healthcare management.
- Certified Physical Practice Manager (AAPC certification).