Medical Support Assistant
San Antonio, TX
Sanford Federal (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Medical Support Assistant
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Summary:Sanford Federal is looking for a successful Medical Support Assistant to perform IN San Antonio, TX. Our ideal candidate succeeds at providing relevant work experience, also, demonstrates an adequate education and background in this field, and fully capable of accomplishing his duties in such an effective and efficient manner.
Requirements:The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Current resume to include most recently held positions at other facilities
- Copies of current held licenses/registrations, including BLS certification
- Evidence of completion accredited program
- Three letters of references addressing the status and clinical competence of the Technologist are recommended
- Experience with providing Prep instructions to the Veteran or patient.
- Ability to create notes, refer consults, modify, and retrieve sensitive information/data into the Veteran’s Electronic Medical Record.
Duties:The candidate must perform the following duties:
- Making appointments accurately based upon order or consult.
- Making and receiving Outbound and inbound calls at a high volume.
- Communicates in a courteous and professional manner, performing check-in process timely and efficiently to improve flow and decrease wait times.
- Follows appropriate Steps in sequence to review prep instructions with Veteran, register exam, print, and check-in.
- Communicates with all internal and external customers in a courteous, positive, open, honest, cooperative manner, and treats all with dignity and respect.
- Resolves issues and carries them through to completion in a timely manner appropriate to the situation; directs inquires to appropriate personnel or department when unable to personally address the issue.
- Informs supervisor/lead or appropriate management official of any issue or potential indictment where a customer may be dissatisfied or angry as a result of information provided.
- Burns CDs, process CD requests.
- Sends administrative notes to the requesting provider when applicable concerning changes to veteran order or scheduling.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.