Medical Technologist (MT) (ASCP)in Chicago, IL
HIRING NOW - Apply for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
EGA Associates is a Veteran owned organization with deep respect for what you do - we pride ourselves on supporting those on the front lines of healthcare while you support your patients. Our team has over 17 years of providing services to government and private healthcare networks nationwide building a solid reputation of excellent customer service. This reputation allows us to continue to grow and offer exciting opportunities like this one - for you!
We are intimately familiar with contracting, credentialing and compliance requirements to make the onboarding process easier. Your time is important and efficiently guiding you through the credentialing process and supporting you while you make your next career move is what we do.
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) or an equivalent Personnel, MLS, CLS certification with appropriate training and a minimum of one year of experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in medical laboratory science, medical technology, clinical laboratory or related science.
- Must also have a completion of medical technology clinical practice program
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a high-volume medical facility. Medical Technologists must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Generalist. A generalist is defined as a Medical Technologist that can perform testing in all areas of the Clinical Laboratory, to include Chemistry, Blood Bank, Hematology, Immunology, and Urinalysis.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in Microbiology
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Ability to provide three (3) Supervisory references speaking directly to experience in this role.
- Must be able to pass extensive credentialing process including criminal background check.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST REQUIREMENTS:
- The Medical Technologist must be competent to complete procedures in the areas of (Chemistry, Hematology/Coagulation, Urinalysis, Toxicology, limited microbiology, and Immunohematology (blood bank).
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all procedures of every section within the clinical laboratory to maximize the workforce and cover when emergency and/or shortage of personnel situations demonstrate a need.
- All Medical Technologists must have a minimum of one-year experience as a Generalist*.
*A Generalist is defined as a Medical Technologist that can perform testing in all areas of the Clinical Laboratory, to include Chemistry, Blood Bank, Hematology, immunology, and Urinalysis. Experience in Microbiology is preferred.
CLINICAL TASKS/DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Performs a full range of automated and non-automated laboratory procedures in the areas of chemistry, urinalysis, hematology, serology, bacteriology, and immunohematology according to established protocols.
- Evaluates the suitability of the specimen for analysis, requesting new specimen if determined to unusable. Prepares specimens for analysis; insuring that the physiologic states of the specimen properties are maintained.
- Selects, performs, evaluates and monitors the performance of test procedures using manual and /or instrumental techniques in accordance with established protocols.
- Recognizes and reacts to indicators of malfunction; locates and implements corrections.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintains proper records for quality control reports.
- Calibrates, standardizes, adjusts and maintains instruments on which trained. Verifies correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks and monitoring. Identifies the cause of common problems and makes simple repairs.
- Evaluates the validity of data in relation to the test system and accepted assay procedures; correlates quantitative data with patient data (i.e., history, medications) to verify results.
- Performs additional tests to clarify or confirm abnormal patient results. Recognizes abnormal results that require immediate attention by the physician and reports them directly.
- Responsible for the generation of laboratory results from the work area into the laboratory computer system.
- Edits and verifies results recorded into the computer system.
The Medical Technologists must be able to work eight (8) hour shifts
(Monday through Friday with 30 minutes for lunch) from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Will be assigned and work rotating weekends and holidays.
To learn more about EGA Associates: www.egaassociates.com
Job Types: Full-time, Hourly, Contract
EGA Associates, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.