DPI Specialty Foods
$2,000 Hiring Bonus! Services the Boulder Area
Pay starts at $17.00 to $18.00 per hour. Position may include mileage reimbursement.
Summary:The Merchandiser supports DPI sales at customer sites with proper placement and display of merchandise, assists with resets, and maintains cleanliness of fixtures and displays. The Merchandiser is assigned a specific route within a territory to services. The Merchandiser is expected to project a positive image to DPI customers and while adhering to DPI policies and procedures. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with coworkers, customer’s employees and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Merchandise” product for display and placement in a way that attracts sales at customer stores and secondary and perimeter locations. Provide sales support to Sales Associate - Field according to DPI practices.
- Assist Reset Specialists and Sales Associates -Field to reset merchandise at customer locations to enhance display of product to promote sales.
- Break down orders in receiving area and move product onto customer shelves or displays.
- Maintain quality and quantity of products on shelves by rotating products, checking code dates to ensure freshness and replenish product with back stock. Verify accuracy of load deliveries by visually matching pallet labels with store location per customer and DPI requirements. Follow store-specific receiving procedures and conduct reconciliation process.
- Maintain fixture cleanliness to enhance sales.
- Plan and carry out daily schedules according to assigned customer locations. Travel throughout assigned territory, manage timelines to ensure completion of assigned customer and DPI requirements, and respond to fluctuations in workload to deliver quality customer service according to DPI standards.
- Communicate with warehouse personnel and District Manager regarding product discrepancies and/or customer issues.
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times when communicating with store management, personnel and the public; adhering to customer policies and procedures in compliance with DPI’s standards.
- Coordinate and communicate product merchandising needs and customer requirements with Field Sales Associates, Field Sales Support and Reset Specialists.
- Operate office- and field-based electronic equipment for communications with DPI team members and others;operate cell phone to communicate with customers, supervisors or coworkers and for electronic timekeeping.
- Operate motor vehicle to travel to and from customer locations throughout assigned territory.
- Attends training and meetings as required to meet customer and DPI standards.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean work environment, which may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Attend store inventories to verify accuracy of product counts performed by inventory crews, requesting corrections as needed. Reportand present results of findings to District Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:The employee must be proficient in written and spoken English and possess basic math skills. The employee must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point) is required. The minimum required level of experience is one year in DPI operations or a related sales field (with perishable experience necessary for certain areas). The employee must have a valid driver’s license, maintain a driving record that meets DPI’s standards and insurance eligibility requirements for excess liability. The employee must have reliable transportation, and if using a personal vehicle must maintain automobile liability coverage adequate to meet the financial responsibility laws of the state(s) in which the employee operates.
Work Environment:The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). The employee is also exposed to temperature variation during travel throughout assigned geographical territory. The floors are concrete in the staging area; vinyl floor covering is typical when working the aisles at a customer site. There may be exposure to exhaust fumes from idling trucks when working in the staging area in colder weather conditions.
Work Hours:The work schedule is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands:Medium, exerting20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently, to move objects, product, and displays. This job also requires frequent standing and walking. The employee must knowand follow proper safety protocols,DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements. The employee must have good time management skills in order to assist with multiple customer accounts in a timely fashion, know the assigned customer requirements, DPI and customer policies and procedures. The employee must also understand, retain, and apply product knowledge to drive DPI sales. Application of basic mathematic functions and writing skills are needed to create orders, reconcile deliveries, and maintain inventory.
Our benefits package includes:
-Medical Plan Options (health, dental, and vision)
-Employee Assistance Program
-401(k) with employer match
-Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
-Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
-Vacation, Personal Emergency Days, and Company Paid Holidays
-Other great voluntary benefits include: Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Plan, and Pet Insurance
About the Company
DPI Specialty Foods
Who We Are
DPI Specialty Foods is a sales, marketing and logistics provider with a range of over 40,000 sku’s in all temperature ranges. DPI provides sales and services to national retailers, regional retailers, independent operators and foodservice providers through 8 distribution centers strategically located across the United States.
At DPI, we have a passion for good food – the kind that becomes a delectable success for manufacturer and retailer alike. From modest beginnings decades ago, DPI has built on this passion to become a leading value added specialty food distributor. Today DPI supplies over 40,000 SKUs comprised of perishable and non-perishable food items from five continents. The team at DPI brings unique market niche and retail experience to create exciting programs, tailored for each retailer’s individual needs. These programs have a proven track record of delivering sales growth.
DPI is dedicated to driving sustainable long term growth for our customers. This is achieved through a unique combination of a broad range of specialty foods combined with a highly focused service model. DPI continues to build an incredible network of national and international vendors who invest with DPI to ensure that its consumers enjoy the benefit of exciting marketing programs. DPI’s national network of distribution centers ensures an effectively managed supply chain and maximizes speed to market.