Merchandiser- Part time
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Merchandiser - PT optimizes sales and profits by ensuring that our customers’ retail stores remain stocked to ensure adequate product availability on the shelf and on displays. This may include stocking shelves, arranging and maintaining product displays, pricing products, and monitoring the store inventory.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great starting pay: $13.00-$15.84 per hour!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
- Benefits subject to eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Savings Plan, Holidays, Paid Time Off, Various Health Resource Programs
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You will maximize sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
- You will maintain appropriate product levels on shelf and display locations throughout the assigned customer’s location(s).
- You will maintain store shelves and displays by displaying, arranging, pricing, and rotating product, as well as, removing damaged or freshness-dated products, tidying/cleaning shelves and displays, and ensuring world-class merchandising of products.
- You will maintain a clean and organized back-room inventory of product.
- You will monitor store inventory and coordinate communication to BBU leadership on inventory supply issues.
- You will meet customer service expectations through communication, problem resolution and follow-up with BBU leadership.
- You will maintain customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees.
- You will maintain a professional, team relationship with co-workers and customers.
- You will live and promote the company’s safety beliefs and principles, ensuring safe work practices are being followed by all and working to eliminate unsafe conditions to drive the achievement of the safety goal of zero incidents.
- You will live and promote the Beliefs of the Company, including respect for people, continuous improvement, exceeding customer and consumer expectations as well as working to meet the company’s strategic and financial goals.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.