Magna International Inc.
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
This position is responsible for ensuring that MES related services and procedures are implemented, maintained and properly executed. This includes a good understanding of production processes, IT infrastructure as well as a close collaboration with other departments and Magna internal customers.
• Support, coordinate, and administer the implementation of MES based processes, solutions and functions.
• Gather business requirements, propose technical concepts for project needs and validate technical feasibility.
• Installation and configuration of MES Solutions (incl. DB, Backup, Archiving).
• Coordination and implementation of interfaces with partners and suppliers
• Bring to service / functional test / integration test / GoLive preparation of MES services, processes, and functions.
• Support of offer and billing process.
• 1st & 2nd Level support including 24x7 on-call support (post go-live lifecycle maintenance).
• Coordination of 3rd Level support (e.g. software vendors, OEM helpdesks and other related parties).
• Develop and maintain MES training materials and train users.
• Install, coordinate, and troubleshoot MES-related products / review and implement vendor-supplied patches.
• System monitoring (business processes, interfaces and solutions).
• Maintain and update the Know-how database.
• Support and enhance the software development process of the MES Solution
• Implement and support dashboard, reporting and analyses solutions.
• Act as a technical consultant to Magna plants on MES topics.
• In-depth, hands-on experience with various development technologies
• 3+ years’ experience with relation database technologies
• Good analytical skills and ability to work with customer oriented teams in a global environment
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and organizational skills.
• Flexible, independent team player in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
• Creative problem solving abilities with attention to detail.
Knowledge and Education
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years in related field (preferably in Automotive Manufacturing industry).
• SAP Certification is an advantage.
• Experience with MES standards and software preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
• Some local and/or international travel may be required up to 25%