GLOTECH, Inc., founded in 1995, is a privately and minority-owned company serving military, federal and commercial clients. We are a successful Information Technology firm with a large staff currently providing superior information technology and advanced engineering services around the world. Our success is built on attracting and retaining quality staff through a highly competitive benefits package with a special focus on continuing career development and corporate financial support. We also maintain a collegial working environment and offer our staff opportunities to improve and enhance their skills.
GLOTECH is committed to a comprehensive employee benefits program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance. We provide medical dental and vision care, disability insurance (short and long term), Life & AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care and Commuter Transportation and Parking Reimbursement), and Employee Assistance Programs. Additionally, we provide Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Educational Assistance, Certification /Training Reimbursement, and a 401(k)-retirement savings contribution plan (with employer match).Responsibilities:
GLOTECH is searching for a Biostatistician or Bioinformatician to work in a collaborative team environment on a contract with the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) located in Bethesda, MD.
The successful candidate will provide statistical and bioinformatic support for research projects at NICHD. They will also present analysis results to the client. The candidate must have at least Masters in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline and at least 2 years relevant experience. The candidate should possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, have the flexibility of working both collaboratively and independently, and have excellent communication skills.Qualifications:
- Must have at least a Masters in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline and at least 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, have the flexibility of working both collaboratively and independently, and have excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in high-dimensional data analysis, genomic data analysis such as genome-wide association study (GWAS), epigenome-wide association study (EWAS), and next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis (e.g. RNA-seq).
- Proficient programming skill in R is a must, as well as experience with/knowledge of:
- Linux and Windows operating systems,
- Shell scripting: High-Performance Computing and Linux commands, and
- Rstudio and Bioconductor packages
GLOTECH, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.