3 days ago
SAINT LOUIS, MO
Middle School ELA Teacher
Come work at the number 1 charter school/public school in St. Louis with 15 or less scholars per class.
About North Side Community School:
We are a K-8 charter school in the City of St. Louis founded in 2008. We currently have around 500 scholars and will have around 600 next year. We are now in our our eleventh year of operation and were recently granted a ten-year charter from UMSL which is very rare as most charters only receive a five-year renewal. North Side was just ranked as the number one elementary charter school in St. Louis and the number three school in the state. Despite the fact that the majority of our scholars live in the most challenging neighborhoods in St. Louis, where 100% of our scholars qualify for free or reduced lunch, we have the highest of standards and our scholars rise to meet them every day. Most classes are small with less than fifteen scholars per class. Small classes and high expectations has been a winning combination and in 2016, the School was named Public Charter School of the Year by the Missouri Public Charter School Association. North Side also received the Champion of Education Reform for Closing the Achievement Gap Award from the Children’s Education Alliance of Missouri (CEAM). North Side was awarded the What’s Right with the Region Award for Promoting Racial Equality and Social Justice from Focus St. Louis.
Middle School Teacher (Please Identify Math or ELA):
North Side teachers are results-driven educators with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions. They have demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass local averages and are proven managers of classrooms who have used discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic and social-emotional success. Our teachers love to teach love to laugh, and love kids. You must love kids J
· Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students.
Student Support & School Culture:
Skills & Characteristics:
· Results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions.
· Outstanding classroom teacher who has demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains.
· Manager of a classroom who has used discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic and social-emotional success.
· Desire to be held accountable for student academic growth and academic results.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers.
· Technological proficiency with a basic understanding of data analysis.
· Detail-oriented team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
· Ambitious nature interested in growing as an educator and reaching high standards professionally.
· Committed to getting the job done well, no matter what the obstacles or how long it takes.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
We offer a generous compensation package including benefits.
North Side Community School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. North Side Community School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.