Northern Star (Pogo) LLC
Delta Junction, AK
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is a global-scale Australian gold producer with Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star's gold mines are all world-class, low-cost, high-grade gold mines, which together have produced over 20 million ounces to date. This large inventory means a further 10 years of mine life visibility ensuring Northern Star has a long future based on its Tier-1 operations of Kalgoorlie, Jundee and Pogo. Since acquiring these operations, Northern Star has been able to significantly extend the mine life and grow the resource base of all of our mines by investing heavily in near-mine and in-mine exploration.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Pogo operation for a Mine Geologist on a 15/13 day schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses,
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance and other benefits such as 401k and paid leave.
The Mine Geologist reports to the Senior Mine Geologist, who will be responsible for (i) collecting primary geological information and (ii) performing the underground geological activities required to facilitate the safe, efficient and cost-effective extraction and growth of the mineral reserve.
Working with a strong, dynamic team, this is an exciting opportunity to expand on your previous skills and experience whilst building relationships within all levels of the business.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 2 years' experience in mining, hard rock underground an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or related field required.
- Ability to work unsupervised and display good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, set achievable goals and safely achieve tasks is required.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office and Vulcan software is preferred.
- Must have good comprehension of safe operating procedures, safety rules, policies, emergency procedures, and MSHA requirements.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
WORK SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT
Working a 15 day on, 13 day off rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, internet & cable tv programs. Cell service is available when using Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
- A Covid Vaccine is required as a condition of employment for all employees hired on or after July 12, 2021.
- Either one round of Pfizer or Moderna, or the J&J COVID-19 Vaccine is required prior to beginning work for Northern Star (Pogo) LLC. If Pfizer or Moderna, the second vaccine shot will then be needed as scheduled to complete the requirement.
- Requests for exceptions to this requirement, for reasons such as a candidate's religious beliefs or disability status, will be considered on a case by case basis and determined by the general manager.
JOINING NORTHERN STAR'S TEAM
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.