Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as, Monitor. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our residential programs helping the re-entry population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
As Monitor you will be directing and safely supervising students 24 hours a day.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor facility and participants after business hours, 7 days a week, including holidays constantly remaining awake and alert
- Assist Casework with the delivery of participant services and activates as necessary.
- Assume Supervision responsibilities in the absence of other staff.
- Document and monitor bed checks as required.
- Communicate with other monitors in regards to daily activates or disturbances.
- Serve as advisor and positive role model for students.
- Prevent and intervenes in student altercations and incidents.
- Administer First Aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Conduct and practices emergency evacuation procedures.
- Other as needed.
What You Will Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of ethnic and cultural differences within criminal justice populations.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of incarceration; appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of incarceration
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace