Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies
The Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a potential need for a Multimedia Specialists to provide support to the Defense Threat Reduction Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC) and its nuclear Scientific and Technical information (STI) collection program out of various locations throughout the United States. Primary support will be out of Kirkland AFB/Albuquerque, NM.
Multimedia Specialists will assist in the maintenance and population of the collection, cataloging documents/films/photos/video and various electronic media, using the in house Scientific Technical Archival and Retrieval System (STARS). Assist with the preservation, archiving and inventorying of the entire collection on a daily basis, in compliance with the National Archive and Records Administration (NARA) standards. Archival media includes paper, microfilm, microfiche, motion picture film, video, and others.
- Support with standard digital archival and library cataloging systems/software.
- Support in handling sensitive collections, such as classified material.
- Support in operating multiple professional digitizing equipment for various media types, such as paper, microfilm, microfiche, video, or other media.
- Demonstrate familiarity with cataloging processes and procedures for scientific and technical media records, such as Documents, Films, Stills, Videos, CDs, and DVDs.
- Perform reference searches using on-line database and hard copy documentation.
- Collection maintenance to include locate, pull, mark/re-mark, and reshelve Documents/Film/Stills/Videos/CDs/DVDs.
- Photocopying/scanning unclassified/classified materials, records will vary in format
- Administrative support to include Technical Inquiries and FOIA requests as well as physical visitor’s support.
- Understanding of classification levels, caveats, distribution statements, other types of controlled unclassified information (CUI) and the corresponding markings for each, as well as experience with DoD terminology and acronyms.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work in low temperature environment
- Have strong multitasking, organizing, and prioritization skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management; ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products, particularly MS Word and Excel.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in processes or procedures on short notice in order to complete job duties.
- Manage time effectively while prioritizing multiple tasks. Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to lift and move boxes.
- High School Diploma required.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have a Secret security clearance.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click
email@example.com?subject=Request%20for%20accommodation.to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
About the Company
Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services.
Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.