Natural Resources Specialist/Wetlands Scientist
Job Title: Natural Resources Specialist / Wetlands Scientist
Job Status: Full Time or Part Time
Location: Seattle area, WA
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Performing wetland, stream, and natural resources support for projects throughout the Pacific Northwest region.
- Participate in all project tasks ranging from scoping and research to fieldwork, data analysis, and report preparation
- Conduct wetland delineation, ordinary high water mark delineation, and jurisdictional ditch analyses
- Complete T & E species assessments and Endangered Species Act documentation
- Perform critical areas monitoring
- Work well with the entire project team, including Stell employees, other consulting firms’ staff, clients, etc.
- Support agency coordination
- Support environmental permitting processes (HPA, USACE 404, Ecology 401, SEPA, NEPA, shoreline, and local critical areas)
- Ensure technical quality and safety in all aspects of job performance
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree in biology, botany, environmental studies, fisheries, soil science, wildlife, agriculture, or related field.
- 2+ years of wetland/stream experience in the Pacific Northwest .
- Society of Wetland Scientists’ WPIT or PWS certification preferred.
- The individual shall be familiar with the following methods:
- Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual: Western Mountains, Valleys, and Coast Region (Version 2.0) (USACE 2010)
- Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual (Environmental Laboratory 1987). As modified by the appropriate regional supplement.
- Washington State Wetlands Identification and Delineation Manual (Ecology 1997). Only if a local Critical Areas Ordinance requires its use.
- Additionally, the individual shall be familiar with the WSDOT Wetland Guidelines, particularly the WSDOT Delineation Guidance, WSDOT Delineation Standard Operating Procedures, and WSDOT Wetland and Stream Assessment Report Template and Example.
Stell believes that in order to attract and retain employees of the highest caliber, we need to offer an outstanding benefits package. We provide paid vacation, along with XX paid holidays. We offer the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.