This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Position Description: Provide leadership and direction to production departments and teams to meet production, cost goals, while ensuring a safe department. Direct training for new employees for the shift. Support all safety directives for each role that they lead. This position is a working hourly leader who will also be working on the production lines daily. Training will be provided on a daily basis by the Leadership Team and other fellow Natural Team Leaders. Shift may vary.
- Schedule the shift to meet the morning needs.
- Supports the Team Leader in accomplishing the overall team’s mission.
- Takes initiative to meet production goals.
- Communicates responsibilities and accomplishments to the shift personnel.
- Performs routine inspection on adherence to standard procedures and processes.
- Supports the plant safety initiatives to provide all employees a safe working environment.
- Provides direction and guidance to support the schedule needs and changes to meet customer order dates.
- Provides and supports training processes in place to develop Team Members.
- Completes quality audits designed to meet quality goals.
- Works with integrity and ethics to support the “Team Approach” utilized within the plant.
- Must possess the Pactiv Attitudes of Valuing People.
- Verifies correct staffing, attendance and vacation planning for shift.
- Leads at least one Pactiv Way Problem Solving Team.
- Comply with all applicable CALOSHA Regulations and Established Company Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Comply with all Established Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
- Manually move products at a fast pace from packing tables. Repeatedly lifting cases of products that weigh up to 30 pounds from tables, conveyors or the ground level and palletizing products on pallets.
- Standing for periods of 2-3 hours at a time, walking, pushing carts, walking up and down stairs
- Able to follow instructions from plant leadership and other plant team members to support the needs of 3-4 person production teams.
- Arrive on time and be able to work established shifts hours on a daily basis. Be able to follow all attendance policies on a regular basis.
- Able to perform tasks in warehouse setting during seasonally hot environments.
- Occasional: sitting, stoop/squat, ladder/steps, climbing, bending/twist.
- Frequent: kneel/crawl/bend, stair climbing, carrying 0-30 lbs. for 5-10 feet, high, low outreaching, standing, walking
- Repeated use of: wrist/hand/fingers/shoulder/elbow/hips/ ankles/head/neck.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. repeatedly for the duration of the shift.
- Able to stand, bend, stoop or squat, bend or twist, climb stairs and ladders, walk, and constant use of both hands repeatedly for the duration of the shift.
- Able to push or pull 30-50 lbs.
- Have good personal hygiene for self and proper work attire.
- Hair and or beard hair groomed and maintained to support food safety standards with the use of hair and/or beard nets.
- Follow safety rules, Good Manufacturing Policy rules, CDC rules and have a team oriented demeanor.
- Able to work on more than one production line a day as needed with no setbacks.
- Wear ASTM F2413-05 safety shoes (Steel or comparable safety shoes worn at all times).
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions in English.
- Must be able to write legibly on production and quality documentation.
- Must be able to meet production needs for duration of the scheduled shift.
- Must be able to arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to show up for all shifts as assigned.
- Must be available for any shift
- Must be able to meet fast-paced working conditions. (ie. Manufacturing, packing houses, warehousing construction, field work, other hot working environments)
- Indoor industrial environment that may experience high temperatures and humidity during the summer months.
- Hearing Protection required due to industrial machinery sound level.
- 40 hour work week, scheduled over 3 different 8 hours shifts over a 7 day work week. We are a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.