Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
March ARB, CA
Bowhead seeks a Network Administrator to support its Remote Split Operations (RSO+) Capability contract in March, CA. The Network Administrator will maintain the operations and maintenance (O&M) of equipment, and design/development of systems in support of Combat Air Patrols (CAP) managed by National Guard Bureau (NGB).
Other duties to include:
• Troubleshoot network connections and equipment
• Repair connections and equipment under the maintenance control of the contractor as identified.
• Maintain network connections and equipment IAW commercial manuals, industry standards, and good maintenance practices.
• Perform proactive, real-time network monitoring from SOC to video customer and from GCS to RPA SATCOM Relay Site to reduce network degradation and outages.
• Comply with DoD and USAF computer/network security protocols and advise the appropriate IA Officer whenever unauthorized hardware/software is detected on supported equipment IAW applicable IA publications.
• High school diploma. Associate’s Degree is a plus.
• Two (2) or more years’ IT experience.
• Security+ Certification is required.
• Fundamental knowledge in the maintenance and management of computer software / hardware and video systems is required.
• Familiarity with network topology, communication standards, multi-protocol client server, data transmission technology, and routers/switches.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
About the Company
Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are a division of Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC). UIC is one of the largest ANC’s in Alaska, and combined with UICGS/Bowhead, we offer a wide variety of services to defense and civilian government agencies that reach across multiple disciplines, the U.S., and the world. With our excellent management team and great range of services in the areas of Information Technology, Logistics & Marine, Manufacturing & Products, Program Management and Operations, and Systems & Technology, we perform over 250 contracts worldwide with innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance services, manufacturing, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, our 3,500+ employees of the Bowhead family of companies, UIC, UIC Government Services, UIC Government Construction, and UIC Commercial remain committed to delivering quality results to ensure our customers’ success. Headquartered in Virginia, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation consistently recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) certified small business companies for government contracting.