SMARTCOM TELEPHONE, LLC
The Network Engineer role with us isn’t just a job - it’s a career opportunity with a great company. And we want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. We will give you what you need to do your job, and you will get to contribute, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who is passionate about making an impact in their workplace. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, wireless networks and VoIP. Including servers, routers, switches, WAPs, WLAN Controllers and other hardware.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor and test network performance.
- Participate in troubleshooting incidents and problem areas as needed.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Participate in new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to ensure SLA and project performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area or equivalent experience accepted.
- 4+ years’ experience supporting an enterprise or service provider network.
- Cisco CCNA or Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP-ENT/SP preferred.
- Proven track record implementing and supporting redundant and scalable WAN architectures with a focus on reliability, security and performance.
- Experience with SD-WAN networks.
- Experience with WAN/LAN technologies including DHCP, DNS, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, NAT, ERPS, EAPS
- Experience supporting JUNOS/EXOS/IOS switches, and routers
- Experience implementing VoIP with understanding of QoS.
- Experience with network tools such as SolarWinds (NPM, NCM, IPAM) and Wireshark
- Experience implementing, maintain and supporting a wide range of SonicWall firewalls.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; works well in a team.
- Demonstrates strong oral / written communication and listening skills.
- Strong action orientation, drive for results and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven understanding of IP address management and IP subnets
- English: Intermediate
- Spanish: Intermediate
600 Ash Avenue, McAllen, TX 78501
Position Type: Full Time Regular, In-Person
Mandatory Drug Testing, Criminal History Background Check and Sex Offender registry check are required as a condition of employment. Must have a valid Texas Drivers Licensee for more than 3 years continuous driving experience
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.