Network Planning Engineer
Technology Consulting, Inc.
$47 / Per Hour
Melbourne, FL, US
9 days ago
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The IP Network Engineer will be supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions within the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for the FAA.
- Implement solutions that support the FAA’s NextGen visions and objectives.
- Serve as the escalation from Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations team for escalated problem resolution.
- Participate in inter program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges.
- Create and maintain documentation and training for knowledge transfer.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers.
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations.
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Travel as required to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning.
- 6+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks or, a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with 3+ years relevant experience with IP networks.
- Experience implementing the network design, testing and building of enterprise networks.
- Experience implementing and managing network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
- Experience configuring MPLS, ISIS, QoS, BGP, VPLS, AS prepending, route policies, and in-depth BGP troubleshooting and configuring (Route-leaking, BGP attributes (local preference and community’s)).
- Experience with analysis and capacity planning and network architecture for large distributed communications systems.
- Experience peering with Tier 1 Internet Service providers, troubleshooting routing within the Internet.
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, F5, Pulse Secure.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- CCNP or other advanced certification(s), is preferred.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM)).
- Experience with Cloud Computing design and implementation.
- Experience with Network Scripting.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting Enterprise VPN environments.
About the Company
Technology Consulting, Inc.
Government and Military