Network Technician - Full Time, Days
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
Long Island Community Hospital has served this richly diverse region as a patient-first community hospital for more than 60 years. As Long Islandâ€™s only independent community hospital, we are 100% committed to becoming the communityâ€™s healthcare provider of choice with our greatly enhanced services including the Knapp Cardiac Care Center, our highly-advanced heart disease diagnosis and treatment facility, our new modern surgical pavilion, our unique ER approach, and our high-touch services including womenâ€™s imaging, sleep laboratory and orthopedics and more. These services are delivered with the highest level of compassion by our LI Community Hospital staff â€“ Long Islanders with an unmistakable mix of courage and heart who care about the people right here in our community and whose sole purpose is to provide personalized comfort.
Long Island Community Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Analyzes drawings, schematics, of network systems for the purposes of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems
- Coordinates with project team to plan, coordinate and implement the wiring of the facilities network and telecommunications or new or upgraded systems
- Provide technical expertise for installation, repair and movement of network equipment
- Informs project team regarding procedures and or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and complying with CMS, DOH, NFPA and local building codes
- Ensures all fire rated wall penetrations are properly sealed as per NFPA requirements
- Inspects network, security, telecommunication systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventative maintenance
- Installs network system components as assigned for the purpose of providing enhanced and or upgraded systems
- Updates and maintains all component specifications & technical documentation
- Maintains assigned vehicle and equipment in excellent condition. Ensures availability of items required to complete necessary installation and or repair
- Assists in resolution of data, voice, security, communication connectivity problems at all properties of network based application problems
- Use existing ticket / support systems to track, document, and resolve technical problems
- Establishes effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work and communicates clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintains current with industry trends and data and communication technical solutions
Manages multiple priorities and deadlines and work effectively with minimum supervision
- While performing job duties the employee will be required to bend, crawl, sit, move about, reach above his head, work of ladders, and work in ceilings.
- The employee may be required to work in restricted spaces from a prone position and under difficult lighting and access conditions
- Noise level may ne high when operating powered equipment
- Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions especially in emergencies
- Must be able to lift or move up to 100lbs by them selves
- Employee is required to update knowledge and utilize safety practices to prevent injury
- Ability to maintain and upgrade all life safety systems (hardware & software)
- Able to maintain accurate inventory of all in use life safety equipment
- Maintain warranty information
- Knowledge of fire, burglar, surveillance camera systems, digital video recording, access control, intercom systems, Network components, alarms, freezer / cooler probes, audio, security, sensors all related cabling and other systems.