Network Technician II-(3169644)
Partners Healthcare System
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview
The Network Technician II provides technical support services for desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, tablets, monitors, scanners and other peripheral devices. Services will include device deployment, software installation, testing network connections, troubleshooting services and repairs. Service requests will be tracked and documented in service management software.
The specifics associated with this role are described in the attached Position Summary.
Under the direction of the Information Systems Manager of Dana-Farber, we are looking for a Network Admin II who will oversee the daily IT support for the DFCI Merrimack Valley satellite location. The Network Admin II will be responsible for a broad range of support for users including desktop/laptop/mobile tier 1, 2 and 3 technical support, general application and desktop OS troubleshooting, mobile devices, investigator level in-person and phone support. The role is responsible for developing technical understanding of how Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) end users work with their devices and applications within the Mass General Brigham secure, technical environment. This is a key role troubleshooting users’ issues and managing technical requests for the off-site location.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations include:
- Evaluate business needs for the end users and recommend application solutions in accordance with platform standards
- DFCI liaison at the technical level to various Mass General Brigham IS departments regarding process of desktop and application integration
- Provides break/fix technical support for networked and stand-alone managed devices to comply with Service Level Agreement. Prioritizes issues by level of urgency
- Escalates unresolved issues to appropriate level 3 IS Support Services team. Collaborates with other IS support groups as appropriate for support, troubleshooting of hardware, software, cabling, and network infrastructure problems
- Provides setup and configuration of iPad and Android devices deployed to support clinical and administrative workflows following established standards and guidelines
- Provides break/fix technical support for networked iPads and Android devices
- Monitor the telephone system and escalate all issues to the appropriate vendor as well as DFCI Telecom
- Act as a liaison between DFCI Telecom and the current TV vendor. First point of contact if things are not working properly and escalate as necessary
- Aid with video conferencing as needed as well as web-cam support
- Aid in support of RTLS as necessary
- Provide break/fix support for Voalte phones
- Maintain ServiceNow which contains device information for all DFCI staff
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide break/fix technical support services for networked and stand-alone computing equipment
- Use knowledgebase articles, where appropriate, to resolve issues
- Document work performed within the service management software; document device and user data as required
- Prioritize issues by level of urgency and triage or escalate unresolved issues as appropriate
- Provide setup and configuration of computers and other network devices in compliance with Partners’ standards; participate in large hardware deployments, moves and operating system rollouts
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on desktops and laptops including re-imaging operating system software, data capture and restoration, cleaning physical hardware, replacement of broken or out-of-warranty hardware and cable management
- Provide next level technical support for other Network Technicians and Service Desk staff
- Provide turnover report for next shift
- Assume on-call responsibilities on a scheduled rotation
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of experience in customer service role
- Hands-on experience with the installation, repair and troubleshooting of personal computers
- Technical certifications a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities
- General knowledge of desktop and laptop computers, printers and other computing equipment
- General knowledge of operating systems (e.g., Windows) and popular software solutions (e.g., Office 365, Internet browsers)
- General understanding of networking concepts and networking equipment including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure
- General understanding of information security concepts and software (e.g., Windows Defender, McAfee AntiVirus, BitLocker, ForeScout Network Access Control)
- Commitment to providing superior customer service and delivering work in a timely and accurate manner following established company standards
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
- Standard office environment with the potential of travel to Mass General Brigham locations.
- May need to work in patient care areas.
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work. May be responsible for covering some shifts alone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.