Neurosurgery APP in Greensboro, North Carolina | Careers at Spine Gboro
The Neurosurgery APP provides care for patients with intracerebral hemorrhages, strokes, subarachnoid hemorrhages, traumatic brain injuries, subdural hematomas, epidural hematomas, brain infections, complicated spine fractures, and other neurological emergencies. They also provide care for all elective brain surgeries including brain tumors, spine tumors, congenital abnormalities and all degenerative spine surgeries. They are both responsible for inpatient medical care of Neurosurgical patients but also maybe expected to provide outpatient Neurosurgical clinic care. They are expected to perform bedside procedures and assist in the operating room with the sponsoring Neurosurgeons. They are a part of the multi-disciplinary team lead by attending Neurosurgeons and Neuro critical care intensivists and Neurohospitalists. The APC in conjunction with the collaborating Neurosurgeon, manages the surgical and medical care of our neurosurgical patients. Conducting family meetings, ensuring patient outcomes are achieved on a timely basis and efficient utilization of resources may all be expectations for the APC. The APC collaborates in the development and implementation of standards of care based on current research and evidence.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Graduate of a PA program formally accredited by CAAHEP or equivalent required. Graduate of a master’s degree NP program or Postmaster’s NP program. National certification required after January 1, 2000. Must be able to provide care across the lifespan- pediatric, adult and geriatric required.
- Experience: Two years of experience in Neurosurgery care setting. One to three years of experience working in a physician/hospital practice setting required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current NP or PA license in appropriate state, registry required w/state medical board, current DEA registry and ACLS( not required for the in- office only NP/PA) and BLS Required.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to work with management team and physicians; demonstrated customer service skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Additional skills preferred: Examine, evaluate and develop a plan if care for Neurosurgical patients. Assist attending Neurosurgeon in the Operating Room. Manage open surgical wounds. Manage external ventricular drains, subdural and lumbar drains. Removal of drains and sutures. Evaluation and management of key neurosurgical issues including but not limited to: Intra-crainial bleeds, subdural hematomas, epidural hematomas, subarachnoid hemorrhages, brain tumors, spine tumors, cervical, thoracic and lumbar back pain. Maintain standard competencies for Neurosurgery such as NIHSS and Glasgow Coma Scale. Maintain competencies for Neurosurgical care such as BLS, ACLS, and or ENLS.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".