We are currently looking for a Construction Manager. The right candidate will be responsible for managing safety, home-building process, and acting as Megatel's primary representative on the Jobsite.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE DALLAS/FORT WORTH AREA. WE OFFER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manages trade partners and consultants; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages contract adherence and provides input on subcontractor selection.
- Manages Assistant Construction Managers; provides training and feedback to foster their growth and advancement
- Manages safety and Megatel Home's employees to ensure they work safely; evaluates safety violations and exercises judgment to take appropriate action.
- Manages work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that trade partners, employees, and vendors perform on schedule and on budget
- Exercise's discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modifies schedules in response to field conditions to achieve Company goals.
- Manages the home-building process from permitting to home delivery and first-year warranty
- Uses correct judgment to implement Megatel Home's Jobsite compliance programs and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable regulations such as building codes, environmental laws, SWIPP, and health and safety programs
- Acts as Megatel Home's primary representative on the Jobsite with third parties such as trade partners, customers, and government inspectors and investigators
- Manages daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors work harmoniously; stages the job by determining the timing and location of material deliveries, sequencing of work and option installation, and verifying prior work is completed to Megatel Homes' high standards prior to following on work
- Communicates with sales, purchasing, homeowners, consultants, trades, building officials, and customer care to successfully execute the homebuilding process.
- Strong knowledge of home construction.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans, and soils reports.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of work.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project.
- 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, use scaffolding, ladders and work on a construction site.
Starting at 75K and up depending on experience. Plus, a Builder's Bonus to include up to $13,000 per house.
We are growing quickly and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, and more!