News - Morning Anchor/MMJ - WDTV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), and EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX’s Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our local 12 county area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We’re dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area’s only live-streaming newscast. Our team produces six daily newscasts M-F and four newscasts each weekend. Among many other awards, WDTV has won the WV Broadcasters award 2 years in a row for the best morning newscast. WDTV has had the privilege of helping train and launch the careers of many well-known national journalists, top-market meteorologists, and network and cable executives. The work family of WDTV is made up of a group of dedicated professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission. WDTV/WVFX is located in beautiful north central West Virginia, about 90 minutes south of Pittsburgh, and 30 minutes south of Morgantown. West Virginia in general is comprised of several small cities and very rural in nature making it a great small town family atmosphere.
WDTV has an immediate opening for an experienced News Anchor for our evening newscasts. This position also requires the candidate to generate daily, enterprising news stories as an MMJ reporter. The candidate must be willing to serve as a fill-in producer and fill-in anchor on other shows, as needed. We are looking for a team player and newsroom leader. This candidate must be comfortable and connected with all broadcast journalism platforms including television, social and digital media.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor live television broadcasts
- Ability to connect and engage with the audience and deliver the news in a compelling, exciting and accurate manner
- Must have good news judgment and be able to use editorial judgment to determine the content and quality of newscasts
- Enterprise and pitch compelling and important news stories on a daily basis
- Write effectively for television and on our social media and digital platforms
- Possess great live reporting skills both in studio and in the field for general assignment stories and on breaking news
- Reads/copy edits news scripts before each show
- Produce newscasts as needed
- Interviews news subjects and research topics and guests for facts and credibility
- Must be able to shoot, write and edit news stories
- Write and post daily news stories on the station’s digital and social media platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively with newsroom managers, producers and co-workers
- Must be an excellent writer
- Knowledge of journalism ethics and legal issues
- Ability to meet daily news deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Professional appearance a must
- Must be a team player
- Ability to shoot and edit news stories
- Two years anchoring/reporting experience preferred
- College degree in broadcasting, journalism or communications-related field required
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
◘ Come join our dynamic team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WDTV-TV) and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.