News - Technical Media Producer - WSAZ
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSAZ covers a wide, diverse area comprised of three states. Many small towns sit along the Ohio River and smaller rivers and streams that run through rolling hills. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. Although we're not a major metropolitan region, the WSAZ market enjoys relatively close proximity to many large eastern cities, and is easily accessible by an interstate, air, rail and river.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding state parks and lakes for recreation. Within the larger towns and cities, there is a vibrant nightlife with many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
WSAZ, the dominant #1 station in Charleston-Huntington, WV, is looking for a full-time Technical Media Producer who can direct our newscasts giving us a strong product and manage our on-air elements in our Media Control Center. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be excellent in problem solving, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate must be a team player that can learn at a fast pace and communicate well with co-workers. The candidate will also be required to edit daily topical promos for programming. Proficiency with Microsoft Windows preferred.
Your responsibilities would include the following:
* Direct newscast following WSAZ guidelines
* Work with news producers to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
* Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
* Develop good judgment and decision making skills by consistent training and skill development
* Maintain ability to listen to requests and ideas, determine needs and develop realistic plans
* Must meet deadlines
* Required to participate in future planning
* Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WSAZ/MyZ/CW
* Other duties as assigned
* Must possess strong communications skills, both verbal and written
* Skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation and support equipment in Production/Master Control is preferred or similar automation is required
* Broadcast MCR and Directing experience is required (Two years experience preferred)
* Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including holidays
* Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
► Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.