Stop your job search!
Now hiring for immediate openings for Yard drivers, and want you to join our team in Bloomfield, CT
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination appointments!
About the position:
- Compensation: Averaging $950+/week
- Quality Home Time: Home Daily; 3.5 Day Work Week
- No Touch Freight
- Trailer type: Dry Van and Reefer
- Yard Jockey Experience is Required; at least 1 year.
- Additional benefits: Become part of the largest RIL location that Ryder has.
- Full Time: Comprehensive benefit package – Health, Dental, Prescription and Vision insurance as well as 401k match and stock purchase plan.
- Employee Discounts:
- Thousands of dollars off new car purchases!! BMW, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, GM & more!
- Up to 22% off monthly wireless bill and discounts on select wireless devices! (Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint)
- Discounts on Goodyear, Bridgestone and Firestone tires and well as other auto care!
- Discounts on Samsung electronics and Electrolux, Frigidaire and Whirlpool appliances!
- Exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Vegas shows & more!
- Save up to 50% on flowers, gift baskets and jewelry to that special someone
- Premiere status with United Airlines and Up to 70% off on over 150,000 hotels and resorts worldwide!
Your job is essential to keep our economy afloat and your safety through this pandemic is our top priority. We have implemented stringent cleaning processes and will provide personal protective equipment to keep you safe as you keep America moving!
- Bluetooth hands-free devices permitted
- Great employee discounts on tools, cell phones, appliances, electronics, and cars
- PTO beginning in first year
- 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide. If your truck is down, you still get paid.
- Be the captain of your ship – we trust you to make decisions to keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver safety.
- Travel companion policy – need to bring a family member on the road with you? They’re our family too and because we know pets are family, this policy extends to them as well. *Select locations only
- Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
- Driver & employee appreciation events
- Driver of the Year program
- Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on safety, support, trust, and respect.
- Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer, management, and beyond.
- Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust. Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
- Voted one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes four years in a row.
We develop, take care of, and cultivate long-term careers!
Start with Ryder –Retire with Ryder
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Yard Driver Examination
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- This position is primarily responsible for safely handling and maneuvering tractor trailers on the yard and within an area
- The position requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards
- Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Maintaining accurate move and yard inventory records Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted Date1 month ago(2/18/2021 12:07 PM)
Employment TypeRegular-Full time