Nurse Practitioner - MICU - Part Time 24 Hours/Week
Tufts Medical Center
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for providing primary care for a caseload of patients. As an advanced practice nurse, the NP has received specialized training and education in the management of the acute care.
- Comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Prescribing and performance of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- Supervise protocols and insure compliance of studies
- Development, evaluation and modifications of treatment plans as patient condition warrants
- Review/prescribe therapeutic orders for patients
- Participate in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as indicated by patient condition
- The NP practices in collaboration with the attending physician and other members of the multidisciplinary team to insure optimal patient outcomes.
- The NP works in conjunction with the primary nurse to provide patient and family centered care, providing psycho-emotional support, educational support and discharge planning that is individualized and comprehensive.
- The NP will be able to provide clinical consultation and participate in medical and nursing research.
- The NP will participate in continuing education, quality improvement initiatives, clinical outcome evaluation and monitoring.
- Master's degree in Nursing required.
- Must have 2 years related NP experience.
- Current MA Nurse Practitioner license required.
- BLS certification required. Additional certification may be required in specialty units.
- Possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Ability to provide primary care for a caseload of patients according to practice guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.