**Sign-on Bonus available!!**
$1,500 for full-time positions
$750 for part-time positions
Assists licensed nursing staff in providing direct patient care and helps in the environmental maintenance of the nursing unit under the direction of the Registered Nurse and within the scope of defined practice.
Primary Job Duties:
The following description of job responsibilities and standards are intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Provides for personal care and safety needs of patients promptly under the supervision of licensed nursing staff including specific procedures and patient testing addressed in the patient plan of care.
- Maintains an orderly unit environment with sufficient supplies and equipment in order to facilitate staff performance of patient care.
- Contributes to effective communication as it related to the provision of patient care and the efficient operation needs of the unit.
- Facilitates the admission, discharge and transfer of patients on and off unit in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued self-growth and maintenance of competencies.
- Demonstrates Customer Focus and SERVICE FIRST.
- Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes including National Patient Safety Goals and compliance to Restraint/Seclusion policies and procedures
- Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies required for job classification.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Work Experience:
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support certification required
- Current CNA certification preferred
- Other Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards and behaviors in all aspects of job performance