Magna International Inc.
7825 Caple Blvd. Northwood OH, TX
Job Number: 13067
Group: Magna Exteriors
Division: Norplas Industries Inc.
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
• To exhibit a fair and consistent management approach which follows the principles outlined in The Magna Employee’s Charter to ensure a satisfied and productive employee workplace.
• To persuade and support the following of Company policies and business objectives in the daily operations of the Company.
• To assist in coordinating health and safety objectives which provide for a safe and healthful workplace for all Norplas employees. Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of Norplas to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
• To lead and participate in continuous improvement activities directly related to creating a safe working environment at Norplas.
• Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate Occupational Health Services and nursing care plans for work related injuries. Provide on-site first aid treatments.
• Monitor and ensure communications between parties involved with worker’s compensation claims. Monitor cases to provide optimal care with minimal cost.
• Assist employees on restrictions to return to appropriate job duties and follow through until they return to full duty.
• Interface with and provide direction for contract Occupational Medical Professionals.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate transitional duty assignments.
• Fulfill reporting obligations of work related injuries.
• Maintain employee medical files and worker compensation claims.
• Conduct drug testing in accordance with the drug and alcohol testing policy. Promote a nicotine and drug-free work place.
• Promote safety through audits and participation on safety subcommittees.
• Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate wellness programs, including providing information and resources.
• Maintain strict confidentiality in all employee related matters and information.
• Convey employee health and safety issues to management.
• Assist in causal factors that resulted in an injury.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Submit cost reduction and innovation ideas.
• Report and maintain worker’s compensation case files and follow-up on open cases.
• Support wellness activities as outlined by the Ergonomic and Wellness Coordinator.
• Coordinate health incentive programs and employee health assessment programs.
• Assist with work-related injury care and provide preventative on-site treatment options.
• Visibly lead and support all Norplas goals as set forth in objectives and targets.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and/or Exercise Science
• Relative Experience is acceptable in lieu of education
• First Aid and CPR, HAZOM, Blood Borne Pathogen, HIPPA
• Minimum 3-5 years of ER experience preferred.
• Previous experience in injury prevention in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
• Workers Compensation Experience