- Personal, Vacation, Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Company Paid Life insurance
- A 401(k) plan with company match.
- Maternity Leave Options, Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
Employee Perks Program
- Tickets At Work/Ticket Monster – Discount Programs
- Free and Discounted Employee Meals
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In Facility Training/Inservice Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Will/Estate Preparation Services
- Free/Discounted Legal Services Program
This is a PRN opportunity.
Who We Are
Compassion and appreciation are at the heart of who we are. We act as an advocate for the patient but also for our employees. At Cadia Healthcare, we have built an environment where new ideas are encouraged. Our company culture is built on being supportive, working as a team and reaching our goals. Cadia is excited to have you continue your career with us!
What You Will Do
Occupational Therapist Assistants play an important role in the facility, by working side by side with Occupational Therapists, as they guide residents to recovery. As an Occupational Therapist Assistant, you administer occupational therapy for residents through the therapeutic use of every day activities. Cadia is dedicated to providing the best care possible and that’s where you come in.
- Complete all essential documentation and forms related to the treatment services provided to a patient, including but not limited to, billing, physician orders, interdisciplinary screenings, ROM, care plan, billing, etc.
- Assist the Occupational Therapist in the test and measure of patient’s strength, ROM, ADL performance, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and record findings.
- Administer objective tests/assessments at various stages for regulatory and documentation compliance, and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Use a range of technique, exercises, activities to strengthen muscles, improve independence and safety with ADLs, fine/gross motor coordination, functional transfers/mobility, homemaking/meal preparation, etc.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to perform various physical activities such as non manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
- Educate patients, their families/caregivers on the resident’s progress to ensure a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury and disability.
- Must possess State issued certificate as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Must possess at least 1 year of experience as an occupational therapy assistant with exposure to patients of varying age groups in different health care settings.
- Experience implementing infection control practices and procedures is preferred
- Previous experience using Rehab Optima is preferred.