30+ days ago
Texas City, TX
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas City, TX
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has been an integral part of Galveston County for more than 60 years. We offer 223 beds and services in emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, physical therapy, radiology, total joint replacements, hyperbaric medicine diagnostic/imaging services and wound care facilities.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
• Responsible for providing patient care in accordance with physicians' orders and plan of care as developed by the evaluating Occupational Therapist.
• Completes accurate, appropriate documentation per policy.
• Responsible for following the Texas Occupational Therapy Practice Act.
• Maintains department supply level.
• Assists in Quality Assessment and Improvement activities.
• Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
• Assures that patients' charges are timely and accurate.
• Coordinates patient treatment schedule with other disciplines to assure efficient, quality care.
• Attends and participates in team conferences as assigned.
• Maintains professional exchange of information in all communications.
• Assists with orientation of new personnel.
• Keeps abreast of current requirements of governmental reporting agencies in the area of delivery of Occupational Therapy services.
• Keeps abreast of current literature and treatment techniques.
• Provides both oral and written educational information to patients and caregivers.
• Assists in verification and/or authorization and pre-authorization procedures to assure therapy sessions are covered by insurance carriers.
• Plans effectively and independently for changes in workload.