30+ days ago
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
• Carries out Occupational Therapy patient care programs planned by and with the supervision of the Licensed Occupational Therapist while maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient’s rights are protected.
• Demonstrates understanding of rationale and application of therapeutic techniques, proper body mechanics, safe and efficient patient handling skills and proper equipment usage.
• Participates in clinic maintenance and prevention procedures. Works as part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team with other hospital departments and physicians in order to provide comprehensive quality care to patients.
• Reports to supervising OT or manager, patient-care management problems, equipment needs and maintenance requirements.
• Communicates with OT on a weekly basis the status of the Patient’s progress, lack of progress, etc. with recommendations and follow through of those aspects of change and development. Actively participates in therapist and physician contact when orders for therapy are unclear or appear inappropriate. Coordinates patient’s treatment with other healthcare professionals where appropriate.
• Plans individual patient schedule and maintains daily attendance record, charging for patient treatment on a daily basis in approved manner.
• Maintains daily progress notes documenting the supervising therapist.