Ocean Export Coordinator | Medley, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Ocean Export Coordinator to work at a company located in the Medley, FL area. Routes outbound ocean freight shipments to their destinations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and directs flow of air traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Opens files on the dedicated software system for each shipment.
- Ships freight, prepares documentation and way billing, assesses charges, and collects fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign customers.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents.
- Corresponds with foreign network.
- Is responsible for moving shipments on time. Files documents in an accurate manner.
- Organizes oneself to handle the volume of activity.
- Corrects EPO's if requested by the supervisor.
- Reports all serious difficulties to air export manager.
- Prepares quotations which are under the control of the immediate supervisor
Must have experience in 7512 and Bonded Cargo
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Medley, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
About the Company
Our reputation has been earned through excellence in every transaction. Our Clients view Albion Staffing as more than just another temporary staffing agency – We are looked on as trusted advisors and confidents in all aspects of their staffing needs. Albion Staffing prides itself that our "We're BIG on Quality" ideology is deeply rooted in our employees by our mission, culture and processes.
Albion Staffing excels in providing Temp, Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire positions in the following main areas:
Clerical: Administrative Assistants, Customer Service Reps, Data Entry Clerks, Executive Assistants, File Clerks, Receptionists, Switchboard Operators, Word Processing and all other clerical functions
Light Industrial: Warehouse and Forklift operators, lumpers and laborers, manufacturing, shipping and receiving and all other light industrial functions
To better serve our Clients, Albion Staffing has established specialized divisions which include Finance & Accounting Staffing, from accounting clerks through to senior management, Healthcare Staffing – handled exclusively through our MBE agency relationship with Albion Healthcare Staffing, Inc. and Logistics Staffing – specializing in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation industry.
Our strengths are that we fill our Client's job mandates timely, with quality Associates and at a reasonable price. Albion is able to do this because our Team Members each have a background similar to that of our Clients and their employees which enables them to better understand the skills and requirements needed for specific assignments.
Key to Albion Staffing's continued growth is our Independence. In an industry characterized by consolidation, parity of services and stiff competition, Albion Staffing has succeeded and prospered by never losing sight of the basic principals – that this is a people business. Our independence gives us the advantage of being flexible and providing superior staffing services to our Clients and also attracting the top talent in our industry.
Albion Staffing believes that our Associates' performance can be evaluated in the first 4 hours of any assignment and if our Associate does not meet our Client's expectations, not only will Albion Staffing replace that Associate but there will be no fee for the first 4-hours!
Albion Staffing is an ISO 9001 Certified Company that has been recognized as an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan approved by the State of Florida. We are able to provide STA Certified staff approved by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and were early supporters of E-Verify – an Internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).