30+ days ago
• Provide management coverage and direct supervision of operations in an individual restaurant.
• Exercise basic shift-to-shift financial control to meet the restaurant sales, revenue and profitability goals.
• Assist in meeting or exceeding established sales, revenue and profitability goals, SLEBITDA movement in a positive direction.
• Manage and assist the General Manager in the management of, all revenues, cash, credit and company collateral and in ensuring that all are properly deposited and accounted for, and are secured into the company’s operating bank account.
• Identify and resolve sales and profit problems at the restaurant.
• Provide efficient and professional service at an appropriate level to meet or exceed customers’ expectations and respond to customer feedback, handle customer concerns/needs and assist other team members in addressing customer concerns/needs.
• Ensure the integrity and operational functionality of all POS and security systems and equipment.
• Ensure that the restaurant equipment is kept in satisfactory working order maintaining the highest degree of usability and cleanliness.
• Ensure company standards in product and restaurant specifications.
• Supervise food handling procedures and operational processes.
• Ensure safe working conditions as required by OSHA and federal, state and local governing bodies.
• Report and arrange for any necessary maintenance and repair work.
• Manage all internal/external communications in a timely and effective manner.
• Verify and complete all required paperwork on a timely basis.
• Supervise, guide and train team members both front of the house and back of the house to meet established objectives.
• Communicate with hourly employees and customers and provide positive feedback and promote a positive image of the restaurant and good employee morale.
• Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of all positions at the restaurant and proficient in performing such duties, in order to role model and teach appropriate skills and behaviors in the restaurant, and through instruction and supervision, train and develop hourly employees.
• Train staff in all proper End of Day procedures, including check out procedures.
• Regularly counsel and coach hourly employees.
• Entrusted with decision-making authority to suspend employees pending review of the situation by the General Manager, and to discharge an employee immediately for instances of serious misconduct.
• Evaluate hourly staff via formal performance evaluations with the General Manager.
• Set goals and assignments for team members, including recognizing good performance and coaching poor performers.
• Delegate tasks to team members and ensure all required tasks are performed and completed effectively.
• Lead and run a shift effectively as the manager in charge.
• Execute effective use of the Daily Shift Card and Red Book.
• Open and/or close an individual restaurant ensuring all tasks and paperwork are properly completed.
• Ensure maintenance of a safe and harassment free workplace.
• Entrusted to take quick and responsible action in solving problems and to use reason when dealing with and responding to complaints by customers and/or hourly team members’ disciplinary issues.
• Assist General Manager in forecasting and determining scheduling needs for the individual restaurant.
• Prepare and post weekly work schedules, and ensure the schedule is implemented properly.
• Assist in addressing issues resulting from violations on Health or Steri-tech Inspections in a timely and professional manner.
• Safeguard all company assets, including funds, equipment, and the facility and take appropriate action as and when necessary.
• Assist in completing payroll, weekly, mid period and End of Period administration work properly.
• Effectively promote First Watch outside the restaurant.
• Obtain and maintain safe food handler certifications.
• Through communication with the General Manager, handle customer and staff incidents, accidents, injuries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
• Regularly interview applicants for employment, assist in making hiring decisions for the restaurant, and regularly coach and train new-hire employees.
• Ensure compliance with federal, local, and state laws, company policies and procedures.
The Operations Manager will oversee a staff of up to 40 employees. The Operations Manager will assist the General Manager in overseeing and supervising revenue operations in excess of one million dollars.