Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking an Operations Manager to join the Performance Tapes North America (PT-NA) Operations Team. The Operations Manager reports to the Plant Manager advises the Coating and Finishing areas of the facility in order to meet safety, quality, production, and cost objectives. In this role, you will figure out and handle requirements for equipment, materials, and human resources in order for successful operation of the department. Our culture is one that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, and focused on safety, diversity, sustainability, and operational excellence.
We offer a wide range of benefits including health, life, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) matching, a vacation program, and flexible work arrangement opportunities.
In your role as Operations Manager, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
Employee Development & Management
- Recruit, lead, train and develop staff members.
- Develop annual goals for department in concert with the site PLT to drive improvement in key operational metrics related to safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Establish annual goals and objectives for all team members. Provide routine performance feedback and coaching.
- Supervise and evaluate team members and handle performance where needed.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating employee needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, reviewing and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, build and lead a regional strategy and team operating plan.
- Lead the practice of all health and safety procedures, ensuring that safety is employees’ top priority.
- Lead a safe operation of the business unit and stay in sync with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
- Responsible for operational results. Drive execution of site improvement plans, help set operations improvement goals, ensure priorities and accountabilities are clear, provide resources and remove obstacles to ensure success.
- Analyze and draw information for long-term strategic change and improvement for multiple teams/shifts.
- Lead significant projects and improvement initiatives, scheduling and planning, budgeting and control.
- Focus on improving performance through Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) efforts.
- Design and implement operational improvement strategies for safety, quality, cost, training, inventory and services.
- Participate in the establishment of sites’ annual operating plans.
- Understand and implement procedures related to the responsibilities of the department aligned with OSHA’s Process Safety Management and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Ensure tracking and use of key performance indicators to promote improved operational and business results.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Engineering degree a plus.
- Operations Leadership experience and capability in lieu of degree may be considered.
- 3-5 years experience in pressure sensitive manufacturing, chemical processing or solvent-based manufacturing operations position.
- Experience leading non-exempt employees is required.
- Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to lead, coach and build relationships while effectively setting boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow individuals within the organization and prepare for higher level or more challenging roles.
- Ability and willingness to adjust schedule to support 24/7 operations.
- Dedication to a collaborative organization.
- Results driven with a focus on consistent improvement. Organized and logical with ability to prioritize and sort sophisticated problems moving to root cause and final resolution.
- Knowledge of solvent Coating operations. Experience with continuous flow manufacturing.
- Blackbelt or Greenbelt Certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.